Originally Posted By: efi-diy
One important note EFI pumps like to push fuel, but are very poor at sucking - so the pump needs to be below the fuel level and as far back as possible. Some times the factory will put a low pressure boost electrical pump ahead of the efi pump to ensure the efi pump gets the fuel out of the tank. Look under VW jettas/golf's for this type of setup.

now this I will need to work out. My current line has a up hill run before it gets to the filter. I have the stock mechanical pump for the carb which does fine at sucking the fuel from the tank all the way behind the rear axle. A rerouting of my fuel lines looks like it will be needed. I also will have to see if I can raise my tank a bit.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/fuel%20tank/100_0091.jpg
this pictures show what I mean. I would also need to fasten the fuel line to the bottom of the frame rail to decrease the up hill run.

I was also thinking of rotating the tank so the outlets are pointing towards the rear and mounting the pump on the frame to the side of the tank. I might use some 1.5" square tubing and cut 4 blocks so I can raise the tank up a little bit.

Last edited by drummin52; 02/14/09 07:57 PM.

Chris
1952 Chevy 3600 (3/4 ton) pickup w/54 235
Clifford Intake w/ holley 4bbl carb