I took some 2inch square tubing and cut out 4 blocks. My plan will be to rotate the tank so the discharge is towards the rear. I will use the blocks I made to raise the tank up. The pre-filter (a -8an filter that I already have on the truck) will be mounted directly to the discharge of the tank with a -8an 90deg fitting, from there a piece of -8an hose with two -8an hose ends to the fuel pump, with a -8an to 3/8"npt fitting. From out of the pump I will use a 3/8"npt to 3/8" hose barb fitting and a short length of 3/8" fuel hose (rated up to 50psi working pressure, and 175 psi max pressure) to a post filter. From out of the post filter I will run some more 3/8" hose up to the engine compartment were I will use a piece of 3/8" steel hard line to run up along the firewall to the 4.3L TBI unit.

For the return, I will use another piece of 3/8" steel hard line in the engine compartment to run along the firewall (from the TBI unit, on the driver side, to passenger side, down to near the frame rail. From there some more 3/8" rubber fuel line along the frame rail to the return fitting on the tank.

I could run everything along the driver side frame rail, but Im trying to keep everything for the TBI on the passenger side, incase I ever have to change back to the carb. Im also keeping the computer on the passenger side kick panel so the fuel pump relay will be near there too.

Sorry for the long posts, I like writing/typing stuff out, helps me sort things out better.

Last edited by drummin52; 02/15/09 06:41 PM.

Chris
1952 Chevy 3600 (3/4 ton) pickup w/54 235
Clifford Intake w/ holley 4bbl carb