I worked on it a bit more today. Working out the bugs that come with doing something like this.

I believe its getting a bit more fuel than needed. It starts up nice, runs nice, revs nice but when I let it idle for a long period it starts to struggle. Nice thing about fuel injection is that it won't let the engine die. I took the air cleaner off and from the top you can watch the idle air control valve (IAC) coming to save the day. When the engine starts to see it struggle, it opens up the IAC and the rpms pick back up, then repeats and it continues to do this unitl I shut it off or rev it. Revs fine even when its doing this. Took the spark plugs out and they seem a bit wet, not horribly, but wet. The spark plugs are black, mostly because of the 4bbl. This week I'm going back to the u-pull-it yard and will pickup a 2.8L injector unit to see if it corrects the problem.

Also have to get a can of starter fluid to see if there are any vacuum leaks around the adapter plate I made to mount the TBI unit.

Last edited by drummin52; 04/08/09 07:42 PM.

Chris
1952 Chevy 3600 (3/4 ton) pickup w/54 235
Clifford Intake w/ holley 4bbl carb