Things are slow getting under way...

But I now know a lot more about the aftermarket head scene for the Hemi 6 engines. And I thought it might be of interest here.

There are pics that have been posted on the Moparmarket forum on the subject, so here's a link to those pics and discussion about the heads.

CHI did the original head, on which the ports were raised a little. George Rallis got one of their heads and did some more work, commissioning a new casting with the ports raised by 20mm.

So it will be tough for Ben to get the kind of power these aftermarket heads will give, but at least he'll get some serious development work done that will pay off for those who don't want to go to the expense of the alloy head. The Rallis head, by the way, sells for $AU3,000 bare. Still valves, springs, keepers and rockers to buy after that. And the rockers, because of potential interference between adjoining cylinder exhaust and inlet valves, have to be fairly special.

Now for another treat, here's a thread on that forum with pics of one of these heads in a car. To be honest, I don't know if the rocker cover is included in George's price either, or even necessary, but isn't it nice!