Originally Posted By: efi-diy
 Originally Posted By: panic
Brief comment:

After running a well built 292 and the 4200 for me its a no brainer.

No dought that 12 port head makes the 250/292 work after seeing the mighty6 truck in Texas its a work of art. Just pricey. All said and done I bet the 12 port head with headers and intake etc will be >$4000.

Low mileage 4200 about $1000, turbo $700, turbo manifold $900, bigger injectors $300. <<< == 450 to 500 HP for $2900.

Guys in Brazil have the fastest siamesed port 250's 7.8 seconds in the 1/4 being the record for a car,no sleeves,no main cap girdles,cast crank & so-on.

When going with forced induction,it is not necessary to have the best flowing head to go fast,Harry has gone fast w/his siamesed port 292.

It has to do w/a lot of things to make a combo work.

There is a guy in Brazil using an SPA turbo exhaust manifold,siamesed port head,250 ci making 860+ HP or so.

The bottom ends can take some abuse & not have to spend a lot of money to stay together it seems.

So in short,sure the siamesed port head has it's short commings,but when you can force pressurized air into it,the siamesed head does not look so bad IMO.

Turbo your inline guys,, & you will never go back to normally aspirated.

I wanted the edge of having a cylinder head that has devided ports & flows excellent.So,,theres a chance to get one now,I would not hesitate to get another one if I needed one.

Times are tough now w/this bad ecomomy,& hopefully will get better sooner than later,but when a rare/limited production part comes along & it's something you know will fit your needs ,,I say go for it,you only live once.

When I put items/parts on my cars I do not look as they are an investment,or how they will get me my money back for better mileage etc, I look for performance increase & if the part/s will fit that need ,,,so be it & buy it.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI