Alright my dad helped me finally set everything fairly well.

Checked the dwell and set it to 32.5 degrees which is what the Chilton's book says to set it to

Set the timing to 4 notches advanced. I'm not sure if each notch is a degree or 2. Any more advance causes backfire when I gun it (WHY?!?!?!?!) which is strange because it didn't do that before when I had it around 8 notches advanced. I plugged the vacuum advance when I did this.

I then checked the mix and plugged the vacuum nipple and timing advance nipple. Set the mix (best is still 1/4 out which is still puzzling). And it runs pretty well now.

The duct tape was a rudimentary vacuum port plug. Now I just use a rubber hose plugged with a screw.

I set the idle at 750 or 700. It is supposed to be 700 according to the sticker on top of the radiator shroud.

TO BE CLEAR... there is NO vacuum advance when the car is idling. it engages at around 1000 rpm while my idle is et at 700 or 750.

It's a manual trans car. 3 speed on the column with what I believe to be a 3.23 open diff.

I'll make another vid tomorrow when it's light out and show you guys how well it runs now. I'll also go over the dwell setting, rpm (on the engine analyzer, not on my little tach), carb mix, firing order, etc...

Last edited by snowman4839; 08/25/10 01:46 AM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.