Vanherk1
I'll try to get a vacuum gauge from autozone. I'm hoping they loan them out but I might have to buy one.

JimW
I'll try to see if autozone has a cylinder compression tester also because the one my dad has doesn't fit into my spark plug threads.
Now that I think about it, I have to start driving to school in a month and I still need to fix my glass channels, weld in a replacement strip of metal for a rusted through part in the back channel, clean and primer, reseal, and put the windshield and back glass in.
I'll keep working on my cab but if all else fails, I'll PM you. I don't want to waste your time

Tim
I'll try to rig a idle solenoid setup. I just want to see if it overruns when I get all of my settings correct

NOW FOR MY FINDINGS...
I just went out and I must admit, I feel retarded. It turns out the PCV hose that goes into the middle runner of the intake manifold didn't seal all the way around (even though I had a tightened clamp on it) so I just put a rubber suction cup upside down on it and it sealed off completely. The other problem was the vacuum nipple (not the timing advance nipple), wasn't sealed off completely either. I used a screw inside of the rubber vacuum hose which I thought would seal it off. I did a test (put my mouth on it sucked, and see if it would hold on my tongue) and it turns out it didn't hold hardly anything. I just took out the screw and clamped it closed. So now no vacuum leaks!

I also took out the coil and cleaned off the dirt and grime and whatnot to make sure it wasn't grounding out. It didn't do much

I then set the advance to about 8 degrees advanced. The best mix is still 1/4 turn out though. It will now idle relatively steadily at about like 400 or 450. It still rocks a bit though every few seconds WCHIH IS REALLY ANNOYING. It just seems like it just doesn't fire for a split second every few seconds and just sends a vibration through the car. And it does this from 450rpm all the way through 1000rpm

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.