Alright. That's what I thought HEIs did.

Now onto the carb (again). I just completely removed the idle tube and it would still run as if it had the idle tube in there. I'm pretty sure gas is getting around the idle tube hole in the bottom of the fuel bowl instead of actually being pulled through the idle tube which is making it run wayyyy rich.

My dad's friend came over yesterday because he's going to reproduce a very unique emblem that goes on my dad's car but there were less than 500 originally badged and they don't make repros. I got to asking him about the carb and he cleared some stuff up for me and I was doing mostly everything right. I told him about my idle tube problem and he said that since he can use a machine shop (i'm not sure if he owns one or works at one or what), he'll produce another idle tube that fits snuggly into the orifice. Hopefully that'll seal it up and fix the idle mix problem. If that doesn't fix it, I'll just try to get a new idle mix screw.

I'm still confused as to what you mean by the seat? I replaced the NEEDLE seat, the needle, and needle seat seal because they came in the rebuild kit.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.