Originally Posted By: playinsafe44
So, with your guys' input, I think the best route for me would be to run with the stock electronics at first. I will be able to get this with the engine, and if it seems limited for me, I can always try something else.

Where would be a good place to find an engine? Again, I would like to find the '06+ model, and I want something with the electronics, and I won't need the 4L60E. I glanced at ebay and didn't see anything in the Portland area, and I tried craigslist...

To use the colorado 5 spd, can I just use the I5 flyweel, clutch, pressure plate, bellhousing and transmission? Do you think the shifter would interfere with a bench seat in an AD truck? Would there be a problem with using the trailblazer computer, and a colorado trans?

EFI, will that oil pan you offer be a bolt-on deal? Or does it require any additional work? Price? Ordering info?

Look on http://www.car-part.com for an engine. Good deals come up on eBay too if you're patient. For the manual, all colorado stuff will work except the flywheel. You need a custom piece from Jerry Weigt.
I can help you with the calibration to make the manual work in the PCM.
Can't help you on fitment, I drive a Supra.