Hey guys! I am in the final stages of mock up of my 46 chevy pickup and I have some clearance issues with my exhaust. Because I am using a frame mounted brake booster under the cab I have limited space for my 2 pipes. I was hoping I could custom make a set of split headers similar to Cliffords only with the front set pointing downwards. Then I could run the front 3 exhaust port pipes under the oil pan to the other side of the truck. This would not only solve the clearance issues I have but It would allow me to have a true dual exhaust look, as I want to exit the pipes under the running boards.

Has anyone done this, or does anyone see any problems with performance. Can I run a 4/2 split style header with the 2 rear ports having its own header to gain a better sound? Will I overheat the oil pan? Here's a couple of pics. The first one shows the truck with the motor mount. I would like to bring the header pipes straight down behind the mount, and run the exhaust pipe under the oil pan. The second pic shows a set of headers I had a chance to buy but missed out on them but they are very close to what I am looking to build . Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!