Wow guys! you sure gave me a lot to digest. I guess the first thing to address is now your telling me my best option would be to run both headers under the pan. That is defiantly doable but then I would be adding double the heat to the pan. Does the header wrap work that well as to allow me to do this. After taking a closer look, I think I can get at least a #" space between the pipes and the pan for air space. If I was to do this, where would be the best place to install a cross over pipe? Right along side of the engine as soon as the pipes come out from under the pan? Or further back under the cab just before the glass packs? I sure have a lot of room to work with on the passenger side of the engine.

I guess originally I was trying to not only get the dual exhaust look by exiting the pipes out each side, but also to free up room under the drivers side of the cab. As far as having a good sound, that was the least of my concerns, seeing as how straight sixes really don't have a lot to work with.

Here's the link to the header company I plan on using.they send you a mock up kit made from pvc pipe. Once you have the design you want you send the kit back and then they fab the pipes for you in a special "one off" fixture they make for your headers. Pretty cool stuff but $$$$$$$$!!!!! But I look at it this way...we are all already dead because the world came to an end on 12/21, so what difference does it make
http://www.stainlessheaders.com/customheaders