So many have viewed this thread I thought I would provide an update. I tried a 261 head, a 55-56 5913 head, a 57 848 head and a 59-62 848 head, and the lumps hit all of the heads. Made a template up and figured about where the lumps were hitting and thought that there is no way, short of me buying a mill and learning how to use it, that I could fix these pistons. On a whim, I went into my files and miraculously found my reciept and job number from 1992 when I purchased the pistons. So I called Venolia and spoke to a gentleman named Tom Prock (more on that in a bit). Turns out Venolia keeps excellent records for their custom piston orders and he still had mine! Told me that Bob Toros who made my pistons, probably forgot to tell me that one end of the lump was only semi finished and was supposed to be hand fitted to the head for maximum compression. Mr. Toros apparently passed away a couple of years ago. Mr. Prock asked me to send him the pistons to get the end cut back so they won't hit the head. He was very cool to deal with. Now, when I got off the phone, I kept thinking that I recognized his name for some reason. So I plugged his name in on a Google search and I was right. Mr. Prock ran a number of cars here on the east coast, particularly when I was a boy. The one I really remembered was a Willys, the Prock and Howell F Troop car. That car has either been restored or recreated as one was on display at the Englishtown Funny Car reunion a couple of years ago. Ran a couplenof other cars over the years and was tom mcewen's crew chief for a time. Anyway, I just thought that Mr Prock was very cool to talk to me and help me get the piston issue sorted out. Props to Venolia!