I've been reading a lot in these forums and have decided after many sleepless nights that I want a Turbo on my 250. It seems like the perfect mesh of old school and high tech and that's exactly what I want. I started an engine thread last year and was truly introduced to the idea of an inline 6 Turbo by Snowman. I've since read his entire (18 page) thead twice, and picked up a 2nd edition copy of The Inline 6 Power Manual (great read) and feel up to the task.

I want to build something like Snowman, nothing crazy but I don't have the same time constraints he did, so I won't need to rush anything. My build priorities are:

maintaining at least 15#'s of boost;
getting the best back for buck parts; and
keeping mileage and operating costs low.

I have a generic list of parts that I need/want to purchase:

Turbo/BOV/Wastegate/Hat/Piping etc;
292 exhaust manifold;
Intake manifold;
Air and boost gauges;
Turbo Cam;
Forged Pistons;
Meth/Aid Injection;
Fuel Pump
Carburetor; and
HEI.

I understand there will be other misc parts and labor but at least I have a parts list to start keeping my eye out for.

I think it's important to mention that I'm not a mechanic, and have very minimal hands on experience with engines. I'm book smart and can use Google like I built it, but I don't know a lot of what would seem like common knowledge to a lot of car/engine enthusiasts. I came here to learn and I like to read so please don't feel the need to dumb anything down too much as I'm happy to research every word to figure it out.

Just a refresh, it's all going in my 67 Camaro backed by a turbo 350 tran. I won't be touching the tran until it blows up on me. I wish I could tell you what the rear end is... stock?

Engine compartment picture - Old but she hasn't really changed

I plan to document everything and eventually index the build here, so I will start below and edit this some day...

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca