@TWISTED6 - That's good to know as I've wondered if there would be a significant advantage to replacing stock gears. I'm sure at some point I'll crawl under there and take a peek to confirm the ratio.

@MBHD - I've read extensively about your alky system and it seems perfect with the exception of its price. There is a used universal one (Alky Control brand) with the reserve not met on ebay now, so I may keep my eye out for a deal on it. I'd love to hear your opinion on the use of an alky system as more of a "intercooler" (with some detonation prevention) with the use of 91-93 gas, but windshield wiper fluid or straight distilled water as the injected liquid.

As far as the knock sensor, is it something that most turbo users install or is it an extra preventative measure? I don't want to detonate, but I probably can't afford to buy every preventative "bell and wistle" if it can be avoided with common sense installation and tuning practices.

I figured that the Offy intake was the way to go. It's cheaper and more available and I know without a doubt that it clears the 292 exhaust manifold. Consider the Offenhauser 5416 intake on my list.

@EVERYONE - I've read that various members of this board (ie. TWISTED6 & TLOWE) have access to lots of new and/or used/custom turbo related internal parts. I'm very interested in keeping the internal parts in the mid quality range. I don't want to mess around with dollar store cams and semi-half-baked-forged pistons. If you have access to a decent part at a fair price please post it up as I'd like to support this community by keeping some of the purchases "in house".

Ian

Last edited by Ian67; 08/14/13 09:18 PM.

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca