When deciding on which power plant to go with, I had it down to a 327 V8 or this Turbo 250 build. Either way I had planned to do some kind of a rebuild, and expected a moderate amount of machine shop and internal part costs. The way I see it, I would have had to have the block machine work done anyway, so adding more to alot for the turbo performance is not only expected, but welcomed as I'm not interested in cutting corners. I do appreciate the warning on the extra costs though. The "Power Manual" and a few engine rebuild videos have helped understand what machining will be required. Plus, I want to have it that, once all done, I have the option of someday changing the tuning from 6psi to 12psi, without having to worry about the internals and the corners I cut. That being said, 400hp is probably the highest I'll ever take it.

I really need the help, more than anything now, to assemble the parts shopping list. Once I get that done, and it seems like I have almost everything, I will change gears and beg for tips on the build process. I foresee this being a lengthy and cautious project.

On a different note, the seller of that 292 manifold hasn't replied yet \:\/

With the alky kit, running a water/meth mix, do you guys think an intercooler is warranted? I know MBHD had a 30" x 18" with 3" piping, so I've been looking for similar sizes on Ebay already.

Thanks,

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca