Originally Posted By: Ian67
With the alky kit, running a water/meth mix, do you guys think an intercooler is warranted? I know MBHD had a 30" x 18" with 3" piping, so I've been looking for similar sizes on Ebay already.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian,
I would always recommend to use an intercooler. They are cheap$$ on eBay & no reason not to use one. The piping kits are cheap$$ also, just do your research on better quality ones, thick tubing ,rolled beads on the ends, multilayer silicone hoses 3-4 layers.
Don't let people talk you out of getting a intercooler because you are only running 6+ psi of boost pressure. Even @ 6 psi of boost pressure, that compressed air is hot!

Using an intercooler provides a cooler dense charge of air to your engine & the cooler the charge, the less likely you will detonate, so,, why not use one?

As far as the intercooler I have, I bought that big of one because I will eventually have a better flowing cylinder hear & do not want a restrictive intercooler. It is 4" thick & it was about $180 or so @ the time I bought it, but they are not as cheap anymore as they became more & more popular.
Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150588365700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This size intercooler would be way overkill for your app & is not needed. Plus this intercooler is actually bigger than the radiator core support cutout on my 69 Camaro. It is bigger than my engine radiator.

An air to air intercooler is your best bet & is more reliable than trusting your alky injection is going to work all the time, you can run out of alky while boosting, solenoid goes bad, wiring , plugged nozzle, etc. An intercooler is non electrical & is low maintenance as compared to an alky system or even an air to water intercooler.

Don't get me wrong, I have an air to water intercooler & an Alky control methanol injection on my Syclone, but you need to stay on top of it & make sure it is working @ all times.

Tlowe knows what industrial combine 2.5" exhaust manifolds on Ebay are. Tlowe?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI