No but I did do some mig welding on a truck I had the interior masked off for priming and caught the masking paper on fire! Of course none you guys ever did anything like that! ;\) I prefer tig too I just can't do it. I shake enough holding something with both hands let holding something in each. Some do our best with what we have. Two things and splatter will be very minimal. Set your machine on a piece of scrap first to where it's only spitting out very fine splatter. Also when finished with a weld or before starting another one use pliers or side cutters and clip off that little ball that forms on the end of wire. Do these two things and your time spent scraping, chiseling and sanding of splatter will be much shorter.
Scott I know the quality of your work it's top shelf and what I'm doing here with this manifold wouldn't be something you could sell or win races with. But I hope to inspire someone else like myself with limited skills or resources to maybe do more than they thought they could.

inliner # 3850