Armond, when you gonna move down so's we can start an inliners group?
Actually I don't have any provision for heat on it at all just yet. Plan on using 3/8 or so piece of pipe with a long slot in it. I'll put the slot against the plenum and weld down both sides of it. Both ends threaded for fittings.
It could be heated this way with exhaust or water either one. I had an old edmunds intake on the 261 which was of course meant to be heated with water. At the time I saw the tubes were 5/8 OD and I was running Fentons. It was easy to plumb for exhaust heat, I just used compression fitting on the manifold tube and reducers down to 1/4 copper tube (which I thought might burn out but never did) anyways it worked very well, warmed up quick! You could start it dead cold, get out and lay your hand on the intake and feel it warming up.
This time I'm leaning towards water heat. It will be slower to warm the manifold, but once it does it will never be too hot. Our summers are HOT. Although the 261 always seemed to run fine I'm sure it would have run better with less heat to the intake in hot weather.
So what do you guys think? Water or exhaust? If exhaust does anyone know of a simple way to control how much heat the intake is getting once it's warmed up?

inliner # 3850