Some updates.

Since I want to get the car driving as soon as possible I have attempted a rebuild on the 200-4r I had collecting dust in the corner. Of course I won't know if I was successful until it's installed in the car. It used to live behind the 231 V6 in my Skylark for several years.

Fortunately it was nice and clean inside. Probably could of gotten away with just the shift kit as I found that the friction plates looked good and every spring I replaced in the valvebody was the same color as the one in the "shift improver kit", which is different than a shift kit.

Everything went back in... Hope it works! I am actively looking for the cheapest torque converter I can find that is at least a 2,000rpm stall and locks up.

This upcoming weekend I hope to install some 4.56 gears in the Firebird and I've bought the 4-speed version of this shifter (like in the video below), which of course there are cheaper shifters that accomplish the same thing, but the novelty will be a riot with the 4.56 gears I think.

Going back the inline six.
Got the external oil line and regulator working. I had to down size the feed line because it was bleeding off the main line pressure as well.

Right now I have a temporary 1/8th inch fuel line (rated to like 120psi..) for the external line, but I'll order up something more permanent. Worse case I'll go with some copper line since there isn't any flexing once installed. I need to come up with an oil return location. there is a rubber plug on the side of the oil fill tube so I might install the return into that or make a new oil fill cap with the return line fitting on it.
An interesting observation on the main line oil pressure gauge. I noticed this gauge takes a while to show pressure build up compared to the electric oil pressure gauge on my Skylark when I did a back to back test. On this engine both oil pressure gauges come off the same tee and one is clearly slower in responding, the one with the long plastic line. I think the air in the line causes the long delay and slow response in oil pressure, which is a common thing in mechanical oil pressure gauges.

I've got the wiring cleaned up and installed back on the engine. As it sits now it's ready to fire up if it passes the fuel system pressure test. I need to finish building the engine run stand control panel, get some hoses for the radiator connection then I should be able to fire it up!
Rebuilding an OHC Pontiac 250 with EFI and a Turbo