Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
That manifold is really cool. I have not seen one like it but I'm a country boy and haven't been far from home. \:D Eddie Edmunds is my favorite speed equipment maker because he made so much for so many different makes.
Edmunds is my favorite too. We both Edmunds and jimmy freaks! Too bad we live so far apart.

What is your full on hot rod dream?

I have a 39? Chevy pickup cab with full hood and grill. I'm building one of those "bobber" trucks so many guys on the hxxb hate. Fenderless, short bed, already chopped 5". I chopped it by laying the windshield back instead of stretching the top like most do. Also plan on stretching the cab at least 6". I have two extra tops and sets of doors to do this, going to run the Chevy 6" drop straight axle and brakes and the parallel leaf springs. Going to hand build frame rails for the front that will look a lot like late 20s early 30s Chevy frame rest will be rectangular tube. It'll be Z'ed front and rear. The front Z will be hidden under cab. Another 302 with more cam than the one I'm doing now. 3 carbs on this one with 3 header pipes coming out the side. I have a 49 packard trans with 38 top shifter, r11 overdrive and a Dana 44 rear. Drive train should be plenty stout! Oh yeah almost forgot gonna have a full set of 17" 6 lug Chevy artillery wheels with mid 40s hubcaps. I found out the artillery centers will fit the outer rim from a 2003 to present dodge ram 3500 dually! So with some help from a machine shop I'll have 17" x 5" front and 17" x 6" rear wheels. I'd like run bias tires for the look but the way I like to drive and twisty roads I drive on may require radials! I like satin paint and a general unfinished look, but I'm not really a rat rodder. I hate rust! I don't do spider webs, beer keg gas tanks, themes having to do with satan or hell or sloppy welds. But if someone calls something I build a rat rod I won't be offended.

Last edited by robertf II# 3850; 11/12/13 11:42 AM.

inliner # 3850