Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
Not sure if you know this, but Tlowe had epoxied his injector bungs also, with turbo boost pressure they became loose.

I wouldn't doubt that as a possibility. Epoxy adhesion strength is highly dependent on surface prep and I do not know how tlowe prepped his intake and bungs, though I do know he is a pretty smart guy. I intentionally chattered the grinding bit in the hole for a rough angular surface on the intake and I put a rough grind finish on the aluminum bung. And after that explanation, I don't intend on running boost through this intake =P IF this engine sees any boost, it'll be through a fabbed up intake with either threaded or welded in bungs.

Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
To have taken such a radical departure from the normal build, you seem to have had very little issues getting this on the road. Great job! And a really nice build thread.

Thanks! I'd like to say it was a well thought out plan but really it was a rough idea with each part figured out as I got to it. Things I would of done differently are, ran a 2" pipe from the front exhaust flange until it merged with the other pipe, ran the exhaust out the driver's side (the fuel lines are on the passenger side at the gas tank). Some one else I know now going down this route is using short LS injectors, and that may clear the thermostat housing quite well (and an aftermarket intake with longer runners to pull from the head).

I've been driving it as much as possible because I intend on the last weekend of this month to drive it down to southern California and will be a 1,200+ mile round trip in 4 days. Gotta get it shook down!! lol.

Today I think I will drop the transmission valvebody and make a few more shift modifications (and re-seal the drain plug I installed) and possibly install an idle air valve.