I 100% agree with you Hank on the valve job, and this head can seriously use one. The back side of the valves can certainly use improvements as well, but out of scope for this head. These engines are so sensitive to valve stem height, that if the seats were not installed and cut to the correct depth that it'd eat the cam among other things. So I just don't even want to open that pandora's box with the machinist at this time, I want a same day turn around time, so he is just going to shave the head, probably shave the intake/exhaust surface as well and maybe knurl or insert bronze valve guide seals.

Got the head as done as I'm going to take it. I was going to cc the chambers and balance them out, but I think I'll wait until after the head is shaved to cc them and balance them at that time.

A quick measurement of the before and after intake port diameter where it necked down looks like a bit over a 1/4 square inch was added to the cross sectional area behind the intake valves, which is about 17.5% more area if my math holds. Circles are funny things.