What gauge steel are those runners? I'm using 22, which is pretty light weight. Using 1/2" or 3/4" angle iron on the bottoms, or even rearward corner, won't be overly noticeable. Or paint hides lots of things =P I figure I'll be building a second or third one and quite likely using a thicker gauge steel and each runner made from more than a single sheet of steel welded together.

No router and my belt sander is still MIA.

Pending how I make my plenum, I'm planning on making a bell shape of some sort for the runner entrance, IF I can sort out how to get it into the plenum. My original plan is to use a piece of straight pipe for the plenum, and getting the runner's bell into the runner hole would not be possible. I'm contemplating cutting the pipe in half and then figuring out how to seal it when merging the two halves back together, or I could weld it back together.... The plenum pipe, depending on ultimate length is going to huge compared to the engine displacement, 350-400 cubic inches. It has a 4" diameter.

I'm also contemplating making this first intake "attempt" one for the Buick 3.8 supercharger I have. Not 100% sold on that idea yet.

Last edited by TheSilverBuick; 11/04/14 12:20 AM.