Been a while since I put an update on here so since I had some new part pictures I figured I'd throw them on. I've finished the body/paint, upgraded to power steering (tough to find parts) and swapped the rear suspension since my last update. Other than the power steering pump, the engine looks the same frown

Shortly after I purchased that Frankenstein'd Holly 600 DP carb I found a highly reviewed complete rebuild kit on sale on ebay for $60 so I scooped it. I had the seller add a few other parts that weren't in the kit (floats and stuff) just to make it actually "complete". I cleaned it up with simple green and rebuilt it. It's now wrapped and sealed in a box with some of those anti-moisture packets (to keep it fresh). Carb with rebuild kit total $110. I was too stunned to take pictures of the rebuilt carb but here is the kit I used...

I also acquired the rarest (read: cheap used) part on my list, the Offy 5416 intake. Got it off ebay for $100 shipped as it needs cleaning and a mounting bolt hole repair. It didn't look too bad to me (see bottom pic) but I have a friend who can fix it for free. The same guy who will fabricate the down pipe and assist with routing it all.

Sorry for the excessive pics, I like to document well and I will not let them go down as I hate broken images/links.

I just ordered a set of custom plug wires and intend to get that HEI installed in the next few weeks. Once that's in I think I'll be hitting some OT at work to buy the Turbo/BOV/Wastegate/Intercooler/Piping combo from CXRacing/CXMotorsports. I've been following their reviews for years now and aside from their intake manifolds they seem to produce solid components.

Thanks for the continued advice...

Ian

Last edited by Ian67; 03/23/15 01:34 AM.

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca