Originally Posted By: gbauer
Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
With an HEI upgrade, remember to use a 10 gauge wire to it. Don't use the factory wire.

MBHD

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I did.

On another note: When I did mine I pulled the plug from the firewall (located below the brake booster), unwrapped the wire all the way to the split, removed the connection from the plug (I looked for instructions online but can't find them at the moment), connect the new wire to the plug, and re-tape it all. No new holes in the firewall. Factory look.

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see someone else is working on a similar project. I wouldn't hold your breath about me staying ahead, I took two years just to rebuild a carb and buy an intake. That being said, the engine is pretty much all that's left now. I like your orange/letters look. I've tossed and turned about orange or black for some time.

I'll confess I've read THESE INSTRUCTIONS about 15 times over the last two years but haven't gotten around to it. I'll be sure to pickup a piece of 10GA wire instead of the suggested 12-14GA in the linked article.

Ian

Last edited by Ian67; 03/23/15 08:00 PM.

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca