My street car daily driver Camaro, way back, ran 14.3's @ a 3000ft + altitude track. Not fast in my book, not bragging by any means. I thought it was slow as I kept on getting beat by most V-8's at the track.
It was really a nothing special 250 6 cylinder, but I kept tuning & tuning, R&D to try & get the most out of it.

4 bbl carb, headers 10:1 compression.
Have time slips.
YouTube was not around then to post videos. wink

I never ran my faster combinations @ a track because when you street race you don't go to tracks for everyone to see your times. Even though you can put no time on your windows, guys in the tower would still post them accidently.

In the real world of street racing, not dyno racing, I have raced & lost many times.
I once owned a 1970 Dodge Dart 340 Scat pack package.
Took that to the rack & ran 14.2-14.6's
With that car I raced a 1969 440 GTX Roadrunner & lost be 5-6 car lengths @ the finish.
The following week same car, 440 GTX guy asked me if I wanted to race, I was hesitant, because I did not know (at the time how my Camaro would run)so I said sure, we lined up & I beat him really bad on the launch, he just gave up, he asked to run again, so we raced again, this time full 1/4 mile pass & I beat him by over 10 car lengths.
Sorry no time slips & is just hear say.
This was when I used to run a Nitrous plate system on it., Nobody could see it because I made an aluminum sheet metal cover that covered the entire intake manifold.
This same GTX Road Runner would clean house normally @ the street races, it was a pretty quick car & was not stock.
One of my prouder moments back in the day.
Street racing back them were done on low to zero traffic industrial streets, not like what you see kids street today with cars all around & innocent bystanders.

As far as my friends I raced against on the street, not really bragging, just saying about what my car could do when racing a good friend that would go to the track 2-4 times a month.
Very good comparison in my book, no seat of the pants feel to it when you race against a car that goes to the track 2-4 times a month, (very consistent car & driver BTW).

The only time my Camaro felt moderately fast to me was when I had a Paxton supercharger on it, approx. mid to low 12's not blazingly fast, not bragging, no time slips, to show. Sorry to disappoint.

Maybe 12's are really fast to you?

My Car just sits & rots away, so no new time slips shocked
When ever it gets to run again, it will still be a street car.
Never ever wanted it to be a drag car, was always set-up to handle good, lowered, front & rear anti sway bars, Koni shocks BBC front coil springs.

How is your 65 El Camino drag car coming along?

320 C.I.ish 4.125" bore, 12 port head, should run 13's? laugh

All in good fun.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI