It's funny, I got started on the swap today and as I was looking through my parts I realized I ended up with 10ga wire after all. I'm wondering if it was on the wrong rack. Either way, that solves that.

In other news.. I'm stuck. Turns out I got the wrong firewall connectors so I couldn't get the wire run all the way. Second, I can't find TDC if my life depended on it. I've watched every timing video and read every thread I can find and I can't figure it out. Paper towel on hole, it pops out after a quick engine cycle (jumping starter) and the balancer mark is like 3-4 inches (advanced) of "0". I must have had that paper towel blow out 20 times and it's consistently way off. I'm not sure if the balancer mark is incorrect, or the "0" marker is the wrong part but I'm kinda stuck. I was gonna try the process on cylinder 6 in case I was passing TDC into the exhaust stroke. Perhaps I'm jumping to far by using the starter and I need to turn it manually? If so, pull the plugs and put a bolt on the balancer and turn?

My new, hopefully correct, firewall connectors come in the morning so I'll be back at it tomorrow. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure it out today so I'm hoping to go out there with some ideas so I don't spin my wheels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca