I had originally replied with a long speech about how I don't know anything about pistons but it was too sad to leave posted, so I've stayed up late to learn about pistons so I could answer somewhat intelligently.

Can I use them... Maybe? The engine runs well and with no known issues. That being said, I have no idea what mileage has been put on it and I've never had it apart. It's very possible the cylinders are in mint condition and will require no work, allowing the std bore. However they could be worn, or bored by a previous owner.

I guess the real question is, what oversized piston should I get that will work in almost any situation? I've noticed some of the ones listed here so far have been .060" over, which seems to be above average. I expect a shop could bore the cylinders to fit the pistons but a shame to bore that much if they only need .015" or whatever. I have made calls and do not have a machine shop locally, so the most efficient option would be to get my car off the road in a few months and let the machine shop tell me what size to get. However that might not work either as the block will be sent off island and getting pistons to them could be very time consuming.

Can oversized forged pistons be shaved down to a smaller size? Better yet, can I buy +.060" pistons and have the shop shave them down to the appropriate size once they know what that is?

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca