Originally Posted By: Ian67
I appreciate the info here guys. I screwed up as I presumed the block was either original, or maybe only .020 or .030 over. This is a learning experience I will never forget, and never repeat. Best case scenario is good ol' Tom will credit me for my untouched .040's and be able to get me what I need. Shipping those pistons back and forth from Canada might be pricey but better than sleeving or looking for a block for my pistons. I found a guy near Vancouver who has a rough looking 250 and he wants $650 for it. I'd have to take 2 ferries to fetch it which would run me $90 each way. Obviously I wouldn't purchase the first one I found but it's a good indication of the "deals" around here.

Assuming my block can be salvaged, Any thoughts on what the MAX overbore I'd want to go with? I've been working with the idea .060 is the end of the line.

Also, how does the camshaft come out? I understand the gear is pressed on, but their isn't much to grab to pull it out. Wooden block and a mallet? Also, the oil filter adapter is rock solid, does it just unscrew like anything else?

Thanks again for all the input!

Ian

Ian, I'm two to three hours south of Vancouver. Once my current block checks out, I'll be ready to release my spare block and all the pieces for a song. Maybe a Canadian six pack as I'm using the crank to convert my 230 to a 250. The block is upside down now, but this weekend i'll get all of the pistons out and check the bore on the block. I don't remember seeing any markings, but that doesn't mean a lot yet. The block should be bored before being used again. Look for one of my other posts.

Last edited by mshaw230; 11/21/15 01:36 AM.

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250