Originally Posted By: Ian67
It's all stripped now but I took a ton of pictures at the time.. I don't have the exact angle you want though. The bottom one is alright but doesn't show the oil pump.

Ian

Those pics were a HUGE help, Ian! Thanks!

I was able to get my hand in there and pull the oil pickup tube down a hair. That was just enough to stop the clanging.

Can't say thanks enough!

Onto the cam gear: If you haven't ordered one yet I found Autozone has them for dirt cheap.

http://www.autozone.com/internal-engine/...hv/4649_0_2635/

I'd recommend going into the store to order it though. Also might want to order the retainer and spacer as well. Mine showed wear so the machine shop replaced it with one from their used bin that had no wear when they pressed on the gear for me.

The new gear will make a little noise. Not much but expect it when you fire it up.

The machine shop only charged me about $30 to put it on. Good to find a nice local machine shop that does race engines. Ask the guys at the parts counter when you buy your gear set. The place around the corner from me (Gunther's if anyone is looking for a great little machine shop local to Frederick, MD) has all sorts of goodies, sells the right oils, and is generally just good to deal with. I've bought a ton of stuff from them for little money and they've saved me more than once.

Last edited by gbauer; 11/23/15 11:30 AM.