Originally Posted By: gbauer
(250x5500/3456) x (6/14.7 +1) = 557 CFM.

Actually your carb is the right size assuming 6psi boost. Note: vacuum secondary carbs don't work for turbos. You'll never open the secondary because you'll never have vacuum there.

Another website said you'll likely see 350 hp at the crank at 6psi. That should really make her scoot!

Pretty good formula... It's so detailed it must be right! I'm glad the math adds up to the carb being a good size. I had to learn early on the difference between vac/mech secondaries. The 4776 I have is mechanical secondaries which can be mechanically adjusted to open at any point.

350 HP would be very acceptable. I expected to need at least 8-9# to get there but 6 would be even better.

I'm not sure either about vacuum advance. Perhaps one of the carb ports but I can imagine the lack of vacuum under boost there so I'm not sure.

I was out cleaning the valve cover, side covers, timing cover, alternator bracket, oil pan and motor mounts today and noticed I wont have an air cleaner for the side valve cover hose. I don't want to buy a new valve cover (maybe some day) so can I keep the rear pcv, plug the side breather hole and replace the filler cap with one of those baby round breathers?

Old pics of my valve cover... Kinda.

The mini breathers I'm talking about (not specifically this make/model)

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca