I agree, Tom will sort it out. His email is on his website too, I've had lots of quick responses from him that way.

I'm outside today cleaning and painting. I managed to get the valve cover and oil pan cleaned and prepped for paint. However, its like 6°C outside and very windy... No problem...

I put a king size mattress bag and a heater inside my daughters wooden play house. Made myself a little painting shed.

It's a little cozy but it'll due. I'm using PlastiKote grey high heat enamel primer followed by VHT's high heat metallic black pearl engine enamel paint. I have some VHT grey Fireproof engine enamel paint for detailing.

I'll post some finished pics later when they're safe to handle.

Finished these two. Not my best work by far but passable on a daily driver with imperfect parts. I should have done one at a time as it was tough to spray tight angles in there.

The VHT black pearl paint has a great metal flake affect to it shows up looking like a layer of dust in this horrible indoor light conditions. I have plans to paint the raised script in flat grey.

This weekend the crank, cam, rods and pistons go to the machine shop. Things are moving along.

Ian

Last edited by Ian67; 12/11/15 01:20 AM. Reason: Added paint results

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca