Originally Posted By: gbauer
... That's the springs I installed.

Thanks! I relayed that to compcams and hopfully they can find me a similar set with appropriate max lift.

Originally Posted By: Boucher
... I run a fresh air breather on the front of the valve cover and the evac system at the rear. It is plumbed into the exhaust just as it straightens out under the truck...

Yes! I like this idea. I think I'm going to use a screw in breather in the front, plug the side hole and use a push in pcv cap vented to atmosphere in the back. I like the idea of venting to exhaust but I intend to run a muffler and don't want it all gunked up. I suppose I could run it to the back end on a down slope in the exhaust but it seems pointless. A hose to a spot below the oil pan seems reasonable to me. I can't imagine I'll have much blow by with low boost. I can always change it later.

Dropped the crank, rods and cam off yesterday. He has instruction to tap the crank nose and replace the stock rod bolts with ARP ones. He advised me I should consider having the new forged pistons pressed on to the rods as the floating clip system is worse for wear (Low oil distribution there?) and more likely to get loose (clip break). If done correctly, I don't see this happening. Are they just trying to up sell me on connecting my pistons to my rods (aka wrist pin pressing) or is it better to have them pressed on?

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca