Due to weather running the track was a bust. The wife and I did drive 90 miles out there only to find the guy who owns the timing equipment had cancelled the night before. A few of the organizers were there and still tech'd some cars in and did some flag drop 1/8 mile grudge racing and whatnot until the rain started, which was about 30 minutes afterwards.

I made one pass and the car pulled cleanly to a data logged 5700rpm, oil pressure was good but still had some issues with vacuum leaks and the rains came as I was going for a second pass.

All dressed up and ready to go.

Put 190 miles on it in one day and drove cleanly out and back. The air temps hung around 55-58ºF and some rain.

The Firebird is parked over on the right and the engine drew plenty of attention from the 10am gate opening to the 11am run time.

My wife took this picture of me reviewing the datalog after my first pass. Rain drops were just starting to fall.

So we went into town for lunch before heading home. We walked the main street looking at the various cars out. Got in just before it started to rain again.

I'm going to put the 4bbl EFI intake back on, and start work on the new intake. One of the local hardware stores is closing down and I bought all their sheet metal for 50% off so I have the materials ready to go, just need to find the time.