Alright, I've searched high and low and don't think I'll find an answer to this. My built up 250 is running now and everything is good to go with the exception of the exhaust (pipe isn't connected to manifold yet) and valve lash.

I broke the motor in for a solid 30 minutes with no issues but when I started it the next day I could hear (over the loud lack-of exhaust) an obvious clacking. I shut it down immediately and found one of the rockers had come so loose it turned sideways! The nut for it had almost fell off the end of the guide. The rest seemed firm and slackless. I tightened it back down but I can't hear a damn thing over the loud exhaust. To make it more interesting, I think 1-2 or more valves are clacking already, so how do I get the valve lash setup? I wanted to learn how to do it while the engine was running as it seems easy (loosen till you hear clacking, tighten till you don't and then tighten another 1/4-3/4 of a turn).

Any suggestions? Should I pull the spark plugs and just attempt it (again) by manually turning the engine and using a feeler? I need to drive this thing to the shop on Tuesday to get the exhaust done but I don't want to do any damage on the way there.

Thanks

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca