Prepare for some measurements...

For interests sake my caliper says my guides are 0.765", seals outside diameter are 0.750" that are apparently for a 0.762" guide. The internal diameter of the damper spring in both stock and my new 12bolt springs are 0.780". The Howard Cam umbrella seals I used are approximately 0.030" thick (before stretching over guide).

The guide + umbrella = 0.795" while the spring is 0.015" smaller than that. So, unless I can find a guide umbrella less than 0.015" thick, that plan is dead.

I could use the stock retainer/shroud combo and go with old school o-rings but I'd have to add the shroud (0.030") to my installed heights....

I crunched the numbers from my original valve height worksheet and I'd be 0.020" under on one, and about 0.015" under desired install height on two others. Is that manageable or will that cause problems? Keeping in mind I plan to go to larger valves in the next year or two.

EDIT: Bah, unless its no big deal, ill just order some offset locks for those and call it a day.

Thank you everyone for helping me with this... this whole project has been a big learning curve and this forum has been extremely helpful, even when I spam message it.

Last edited by TurboCamaro; 05/26/16 01:43 AM. Reason: Appreciation

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca