Alright, the seals have been replaced and it's just very small amounts of white smoke when revving the engine. I'm happy with that while the engine runs so rich. Which brings me to my situation. The car is running mostly rich but it's manageable

Carburetor is a 600CFM DP with Mech Secondaries. 58 Main jets, 65 Secondaries and a 6.5 power valve. Idle screws out 1.25 turns. Vacuum while in park is about 18. Vacuum while in Drive fluctuates between 12-13. Idle in park is about 8500 and in Drive about 6000. Initial timing 10* and total timing at 40*. Seems my distributor curve is longer than some.

Park AFR: 10.5-11
Drive AFR: 12.5
Initial Acceleration AFR: 12-13.5
Transmission shift from 1st to 2nd gear spikes lean for just a moment to 15-16 AFR
Crusing in 2nd/3rd AFR: 13ish
Accelerate up steep grade from low speed AFR: 16-18
Slow crawl up steep grade (3-5mph): 14-15

I had a couple backfires on initial engine start (2 weeks ago) so I changed the power valve today. It made a difference in the mid range but the shift point and hill(s) are still a problem.

I know this is a lot of info but I hope someone might recognize the problem or provide some advice. I want to drive it about 60km tomorrow evening so I can fabricate a turbo down pipe over the weekend. I don't need to make it perfect and get the turbo on only to start all over again, but a bit better would be nice.

Thanks!

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca