Thank you its the factory midnight blue.

He did replace the carb sometime ago. So who knows when you buy a rebuilt what your really getting.

My EGR goes to that switch on the thermostat housing. My buddy did tell me to unplug the EGR and cap that hose off. He said I would notice a slight difference.

I'll chase that canister hose and see where it goes. I just assumed it went back to the gas tank. I'll see where its going. I do smell gas once in a while right after turning off the car walking past it in the garage. But I have no leaks anywhere.

The prior owner replaced the head gasket with the guidance of a buddy. So who knows if they have some of the hoses hooked up wrong. Very possible just from talking to him.

I checked the numbers on the carb and its for a 1976 chevy C10 manual truck. However...I cant go by that with a rebuilt. They just throw parts together from a bunch of carbs.

Theres a spring heated coil the has an arm that leads up to my choke from the manifold. But I don't believe that or the choke pull off is working. I have no electric choke.

Thats why I was considering that carb that I showed photos of previously on this thread. But...the throttle arm linkage looks different I showed it on my post.if you scroll back youll see what I mean.

Should my hose coming from the vac advance have constant vacuum or only under throttle? I can test that tomorrow.

Last edited by Tracker64; 08/09/17 03:05 AM.