That is a fairly tricky issue. At one time Algon made a three port mechanical injector. They are very very rare. One of the older inliners owned one and may still own it. I understand that it was a tricky business because of the Siamese intake ports. There were injectors made for the 12 port heads but those heads had individual intake ports designed into the head. Trying to divide the intake ports on a stock 235 head is equally tricky. First, the intake port itself was designed so that the entire port would be used when each of the paired cylinders was on its individual intake stroke. So if all you do is divide them, you are reducing the overall volume of the port. So you would have to somehow enlarge the intake ports after they are divided. As to the division, if you try to make a divided rectangle or oval on the stock intake/exhaust side of the head, you will likely hit a water jacket or two. May be resolvable with the kind of welding you have access to. You might also be able to do it easier by dividing the intake runner and port, (so that one cylinder uses the stock intake runner) then install an additional intake runner through the top of the head for the other newly divided chamber like the Palomino head. You will still, however, have to enlarge the actual ports to gain enough volume. Another approach would be to use the exhaust ports as the intake ports, enlarge and divide the center siamesed exhaust ports, then use the intake as the exhaust port, adding an additional exhaust outlet through the top of the head like the Palomino heads did except those heads used the new tubes through the top of the head for an additional intake)so that you have sufficient exhaust volume. again, a great deal of welding involved. I am sure there are other approaches. I used to have these conversations with Charlie Baker prior to his death. We even talked about whether a land rover head would swap over. We eventually agreed that there was no truly easy solution or approach but you never know, there are much cleverer minds around then mine, lol.

Last edited by mdonohue05; 10/17/17 05:01 PM.