Originally Posted By: gbauer
I was going to go down this road until I talked with Tom Langdon for about 30-45 minutes. GM tried to do individual injectors and tinkered with port dividers but couldn't make them work properly. Figured if GM couldn't do it (and they were going down the same road I had planned) I wasn't likely to do it either.

Tom was a GM engineer for these engines during the end of their life run.

GM did figure it out over 20 years ago with the Brazilian 12 port head on their production 250 engines in that country. Surprisingly, those engines made more factory HP and torque than any GM production 250 siamese head engine did made in the USA, and has supported as much or more HP than most any siamese head race engine or performance apps ever produced in both N/A and forced induction.

There are aftermarket intake manifolds currently now available for the Brazilian head, so the ability for them to completely surpass the siamese head has arrived. The siamese port head design for GM dates back to before 1927, over 90 years ago, so why are we trying to hold onto it so vehemently when vastly superior technology exists and is available to replace it. So for most any application for street/strip use, the Brazilian head is a very good choice if not the better choice over the siamese head. And the cost for the Brazilian head is about the same as the siamese head when you buy the lumps and pay to have them installed. So not really any more cost involved to have a head that cures the ills of a siamese port design. And provides comparable or better performance to boot.

Myths and misinformation about what the Brazilian head is and isn't have placed it into a taboo category. But equally, myths and misinformation surround the siamese head as well about what it is and isn't also. Because better and proven choices exist that outshine it, but are still told siamese is better, when it truly isn't. Just look at what the Brazilian hot rodders have done and are still doing with their technology exceeds what the US hot rodders are doing with the siamese head technology, past or present.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer