>If you have a really modified motor, then its the DGEV 38 mm two
>bbl. larger then the 32/36, a little more expensive, and not a
>progressive carb. Not really adapter friendly because of their
>size. but runs like heck.

thats what I'm doing now, see my other thread from yesterday. Found a Weber 38/38 clone cheap, "Rally" something or another.

I feel it a little pointless to put a much bigger carb on a stock intake, choking it down to original size after the carb. Might help a little, don't know.

Its not easy to make the stock intake noticeably bigger, you quickly punch a hole into the exhaust chamber around it. Knowing this, I got a spare intake to learn more, and found a way to make it 46% bigger.... by using a steel sleeve once I made the hole a LOT bigger. Not for someone who is not comfortable doing metal work or paying a machine shop a lot of money, easily more than a new clifford or offy intake would cost.

Commercially available adapters are super cheap, but cast in a way that makes it impossible to make them noticeably bigger. They are tall too, which may cause hood clearance issues. The pattern mine has (Only one I know to be available everywhere) is NOT the same pattern as the Weber 38/38. It matches with the Rochester 2bbl and a few other domestic 2bbl carbs. Those might still work reasonably well, in a mild engine, even if smaller than the 38/38. I didnt care to find out.

Edit: isn't the 292 original intake bigger than the 230/250 intake?

Last edited by 70Nova; 11/06/17 01:39 PM.