Back from the Tri-five Nationals in Bowling Green KY. Weather was great and out of 2500 cars at that show, probably less then a dozen inline powered cars. Mine was the only inline car to head down the drag strip. Tiny tires, 4:56 gears and a slippery starting line. Want to know whats nice about tiny tires and a slippery starting line? I did not break anything. Made well over 20 or so fun runs over the three days. It was an enourmous amount of fun.

So because the tires slipped pertty good launching with a little bit of rpm, I mostly had to launch from idle (about 900-1000 with the schneider cam). Shifted the 261 at about 5800 rpm and crossed the 1/4 mile at about 5600-5700 rpm. Not terrible. So I think I was right not to install the 4:88 gears.

That being said, my son is building a 57 four door sedan and wants to install a 292 with higher compression pistons and good rumbly cam, lump port head, and a Holly Sniper set up so we will start back to working on that. Have to figure out some front motor mounts and hope I can fit it all in. Will be a lot faster then my old 261. Who knows, I may just up my motor to a 292 also.

Last edited by mdonohue05; 08/17/22 08:18 PM.