Hi fellows, I've been tearing down my 235 motor to pull it for a rebuild. Currently my 848 head has an line from a tee fitting at the filter return going to the head and flowing oil to the rockers. Also inside the side cover is a line coming from the rear of the block to the same spot and also flowing oil to the rockers. The fittings on the line inside the block have very small holes. It is to restrict the flow to the head? Is it wrong if one were to open thees fittings to flow more oil? I would like to loose the oil line to the side of the head. It almost seems as thought it was put there to solve a problem? I would think any small amount of dirt could block the flow through these small openings in the fittings and close the flow to the head. Again thanks for any help here.
Dominic