OK Guys I am at my wits end here, this is the 3rd carb that has done this. The carb is leaking from the screw that goes into the side of the carb near the base and I am assuming that goes into the throttle plate at the base of the carb. I had a messed up engine before and I had four springs on the carb the first time, so it was obvious to me that there was too much pressure on the bushings and they wore out, but what about the past two times, it has lasted approx two weeks before it wears out and starts leaking. I only have one spring on it and the linkage is OEM. It is an Oreilly rebuilt carb.

Any ideas at all would be appriciated. I can't afford to get a Clifford intake and 4bbl carb, these were mass produced for years upon years, it CAN work, and I want the factory setup... anyone???


76 Chevy Stepside with a '68 230ci