It's an auto zone Help Section spring. You know the ones you can get that are like factory with one skinny spring and another bigger spring that goes around it. I removed the bigger spring.
The spring is set up like a see saw set straight up and down, the top connection is the linkage, and the bottom connection is the spring. The fulcrum is on the side of the intake, not the side of the carb. The spring is attached to the linkage bracket. It is as weak as it can get. Yeah, three weeks is pretty dern quick, but I am convinced that it has to do with the linkage because it just has to be. Tomorrow I am going to change over the linkage to the other location and get a smaller cable, I will make sure to put the linkage in the stock location which I believe is from the bottom of the carb, up to a bracket at the top of the carb.