I got an email today from Classic Inlines in Arizona after I asked them about whether they were going to do an aluminum head for the 194 - 292 Chevy engines, and this is the answer I got from them. Sounds like pretty good news. Everything below this line is their email.

YES, we will be doing an aluminum head for the Chevys. We hope to start on it sometime this summer, and have them available by Christmas. Possibly sooner.

We will do the same thing we did with the small six Ford head. It will use all stock valve train components, and stock manifolds (intake and exhaust), as this keeps the total end cost down considerably. Thus making it affordable for the average builder. Price will be in the same range, around $1500-1600 for the head and intake.

I got a lot of criticism from several inliner members when I designed the Ford head. Everyone told me I was making a mistake by not going with a crossflow design. What they never considered is the cost to produce all the rest of the stuff, which winds up more than the head itself. It's also the reason the Fissell heads are so expensive. I wasn't shooting for maximum performance, rather reliability and affordability, which is what our nitch lacks. Are goals are to help the average guy, build an average performance motor, for street or strip.

With porting our new Ford head will flow 230-240cfm on the intake side, and around 190 on the exhaust. At least that what we expect. We are in the process of porting one now, and will flow test by mid Feb to confirm.

We spent quite a bit of money and time designing the intakes as well. Everyone thought the intake would decrease flow, but it actually helped. That was a surprise. They also support several induction setups, including 2V (parallel or perpendicular to the crank), 4V, twin Weber's (from Inglese), triple Weber's, and various TBI, EFI combos. We are also working on an intake for use with an M90 blower.

Hang in there, as we'll do the same for the Chevy guys as quickly as we possibly can.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.