To all: I needed to replace the main bearing bolts in my engine ('61 261) when they started stretching as I tried to torque them to spec when measuring the bearing clearances. After making sure that the threads in the block were clean, deep enough, etc. several of the original bolts still started stretching before reaching spec. Not trusting the old bolts anymore, I called ARP. They had a main bearing stud kit for the Inline 6 '54-62 as part # 132-5402 and listed for $75.57. This is what I ordered, along with their recommended lubricant. The fit was perfect, except for one thing. The nuts on the front main cap required a socket that was too large in diameter to fit in the recesses of the cap! I solved this problem by ordering a set of 12 point nuts from ARP. They used the next size smaller socket, problem solved!
While this seemed an expensive solution, the peace of mind makes it worth while (to me).Also, my invoices indicate that the hardened nuts and washers come with the main stud kit, as I only had to buy two of the smaller 12 point 9/16-18 nuts.

Chiefoldephart