Hi Tom,
No, I haven't done anything with the one I bought from you yet. I just know that the solenoids are a critical part that have to work, and often don't. I have one of the older Borg-Warner units that I thought maybe I could scavange the solenoid from if I need to. I'm looking around my area to see if I can find a good reputable transmission repair guy. Seems that most of the shops just do automatics. I've also heard that the shops can be more than a little "shady". Before I go to the trouble to engineer your tranny into my '37 truck, I would like to have it gone through thoroughly to make sure it is in good shape, that is unless you know for sure that it's in good operating order. I had the impression that it was one you had laying around and didn't really know what sort of condition it was in. I don't feel that I'm a good enough mechanic that I want to overhaul it myself. I've never been inside a tranny before and this probably is not the place to start. I think that I will want to get those mounting bolt flanges welded up better as well. Either that or find a new case and transfer the "innards" to it. There is a guy on ebay who seems to rebuild and sell a lot of manual trannies and he is less than 100 miles from me. I've been thinking of emailing him and seeing if he is interested in the job. Spose I should get cracking on this. It would be nice to get the tranny installed this coming summer. It's going be just the ticket for that old truck!