Let me say this that I bought two heads off good running faily low milage engines, ( one looked like it was rebuilt 230 engines for $50.00 Can$$ a peice.
One was a 1966 the other 1964 they came off show cars,people had swaped for 8 cyl after they ripped them out of the car they found out they could not get a plucked nickel for there engines, I took there heads cause I can use them on 292s.

At first they were reluctant to wreck a good running 230 moter for just a head, but after a few weeks of being unable to sell them (THEY) ripped the heads off for me to take, then they trashed the rest of the motors.

Pay $35.00 to $50.00 for a good 250 or 230 moter, add another $50.00 for the powerglide there garbage unless you use it for racing. case closed.

I have found one thing is true that BAD people sell bad motors and want big money, and good people give good motors away or trash them or after awhile if you keep in touch with them sell them for PEANUTS.