Jim Hedrick ran a normal Kirby-Sissel bump port head that Jim reworked to enhance air flow. Since the car ran modified production class (GAS ONLY) he had to run round robin, no cool down. so the head must have been pretty durable.

The reason I started this post was to try and see if anyone knew of what he had done to his camshaft. I now think it was a distribution issue at high HP levels that he was trying to correct.

Back in the 70's the chassis was updated by Pat Curan Race Cars of St. Louis. At this time Vernon Tracy of St. Louis, an engineer at Mc Donald Douglas, designed the 3 Two barrel manifold with Holley carbs that increased the HP of the engine over the old weber style. My brother and Pat built it, I still have the Die to form the "U" bends to the clyinder head port and Tracys paper work with velocities, flow numbers etc. My brother remembers that Hedrick had said something about the camshaft being different one clyinder to the other.

I ploted the cam duration VS piston position to try and find the reason, and may have found it!

Turbo-6